Our family bakery, established in 1983, boasts bread that signifies care and quality of ingredients.
Every handmade loaf is handled with attentiveness, using the finest ingredients on offer, following traditional methods of baking, by hand, ultimately providing quality products to our local communities.
Now, we are proud to announce yet another wonderful milestone in our family bread baking history.
We are officially the very first Bio Certified Local Bread Producers in Ibiza!
Samos Deli believes everybody deserves to enjoy good and healthy bread. That’s why we went the extra mile to ensure ‘Organic Bread’ was our next great product on offer, alongside all our other tasty Artisan and German loaves of bread.
But why are organic products so important to many of our customers, and a growing dietary choice in society?
Let’s start by defining Organic Food and its Benefits…
What is Organic Food?
“Organic production involves respecting the rules of organic farming. These standards are intended to promote environmental protection, maintain Europe’s biodiversity and strengthen consumer confidence in organic products. They regulate all areas of organic production and are based on certain fundamental principles:
- prohibition on the use of GMOs
- prohibition on the use of ionizing radiation
- limiting the use of artificial fertilizers, herbicides, and pesticides
- prohibition of the use of hormones and restriction of the use of antibiotics, and only when necessary for animal health.
Therefore, organic producers should adopt different methods to maintain soil fertility and animal and plant health, for example:
- growing nitrogen fixation plants and other green fertilizer crops to restore soil fertility
- banning the use of nitrogenous mineral fertilizers
- the choice of resistant varieties and breeds and techniques that promote natural pest control to reduce the impact of weeds and parasites
- strengthening the natural immune defenses of animals
- avoid oversalting to maintain animal health.
So, how do these standards in food production make a difference?
Benefits of Organic Food
Organic food undoubtedly provides our bodies with better overall health.
Here are just a few of the many beneficial facts:
- The antioxidant content in organic food is higher due to being free from foreign chemicals that interfere with vitamins, organic compounds, and minerals in our food products.
- Chemical pesticide consumption has been linked to a variety of diseases and disorders namely cancers, digestive dysfunctions, headaches, ADHD, and weakened immune systems.
- Genetic Modifications and the use of growth hormones have been linked to allergen sensitivity, reduction in immune system strength, and are believed by food safety advocates to be a leading cause of slowed brain growth, gastrointestinal disorders, and the thickening of the digestive tract.
- Harmful chemicals are forbidden in organic farming, minimising water, air, and soil pollution, therefore ensuring a healthier and safer environment.
- Toxic metal cadmium is confirmed to be 48% lower in levels of organic crops compared to conventional crops.
- The mineral and sugar structures in organic foods are both more tasty and nutritious because the crops are given more time to develop and mature – naturally.
Becoming Bio Certified
For a food product to be labelled as organic, every organisation working up and down its supply chain must meet these organic standards. EU-wide rules require organic foods to be approved by an organic certification body, which carries out regular inspections to ensure the food meets a strict set of detailed regulations, relating to production methods and labeling.
Samos Deli Bio Bread has been officially certified by the awarding body, CBPAE – Consell Balear de la Producció Agrària Ecològica
This means that when you see our organic symbol, you can be sure that what you eat has been produced to a standard you can trust, that’s better for nature, the climate, and our health.
SAMOS DELI Ibiza
We live in a society that is continuously becoming more aware of what we eat and how we can optimise our health.
Our bakery in Santa Eulalia bakes a wide range of healthy batches of German, Artisan, 100-percent rye, spelt, wholegrain, nut variety, vegan, and now organic bread to ensure the health and well-being of our society, and that we are continuously working towards a more sustainable future.
Samos Deli is one of the most sought-after bread providers for catering companies, restaurants, local stores, and supermarkets in Ibiza, and our neighbouring Balearic Islands (Formentera, Mallorca, and Ibiza).
If you’re looking for our organic or bread varieties, then why not head down to our Santa Eulàlia store, or alternatively you can find us at Fruterias La Choza (Santa Gertrudis and Santa Eulalia), all Hiper Centros, Aprops, Sumas, Spars, Proxims and Eroski, where you will be inspired by the true art and taste of baking!
For more on our family bakers history, why not visit our Family Timeline Blog here!